Meet Marcus Pankiw, MSW, MA, RPC
Clinical Counsellor & Therapist
Marcus Pankiw, MSW, MA, RPC
Clinical Counsellor & Psychotherapist
For Individuals, Couples & Families
• Marcus Pankiw has over 15 Years Experience in the Counselling & Therapy field.
He was born in Calgary and spends his work life supporting individuals, couples and families through clinical counselling. He is dedicated to offering specialized support and guidance for those seeking a more whole, vital and positive life.
When he’s not on another adventure in the mountains with his son, Marcus does ongoing research and work to address issues concerning couples and marriage, along with his passion for working in helping individuals become all they can be.
• Marcus has multiple Masters degrees in the Counselling and Humanities Fields, including a Masters in Clinical Social Work from the University of Calgary.
His education and ongoing training includes: Clinical Counselling, Psychology, Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Healing Trauma and Attachment Therapy, Mental Health (Depression, Anxiety, Addiction, Obsessive Compulsive), Feedback Informed Therapy, Mindfulness Therapy, Men’s Therapy, Hospice Counselling, Child and Youth Therapy, and Performance Psychology.
- Couples and Marriage Training – Dr. John Gottman Institute.
- CBT – Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Mental Health
- Mindfulness in the Therapeutic Setting – Rachael Crowder PhD
- Evidence in Clinical Practice – University of Calgary
- Trauma Therapy and Clinical Practice – University of Calgary
- Feedback Informed Therapy – Dr. Scott Miller
- Mood Management Counselling – Stress, Anxiety Depression, Grief, Anger
- Clinical Social Work – University of Calgary
- Domestic Violence Training – Calgary Counselling Centre
- Emotion Focused Couples Therapy
- Integral Psychology Training – Robert Masters PhD
- Advanced Clinical Practicum – Calgary Counselling Centre
“Marcus is a solid and competent therapist who helps men and women with both their personal and relationship issues. He’s like a specialized mechanic in helping people get “unstuck” in that he’s intuitive, skilled and practical in his approach… while knowing how to be a really good listener and still doing the deeper work. I recommend him highly.”
– Dr. Michael Haggstrom